We invite you to celebrate our 57th anniversary with our limited-time special APY!
Open a Consumer Statement Savings account2,4,5 or a Business Savings account3,4,5 with new money from $500 to $25,000 to earn our anniversary 0.50% APY through December 31, 2019.
Promotion period from April 19 to May 17, 2019.
See important details below.
1. To receive 0.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) through December 31, 2019, on a Consumer Statement Savings account or a Business Savings account, account must be opened April 19, 2019, through May 17, 2019, with opening deposit $500 - $25,000 new money. New money does not include funds transferred from an existing Cathay Bank account or funds from a Cathay Bank account closed within the previous 15 days. Promotional APY is guaranteed through December 31, 2019, provided you maintain a daily balance of $500 to $25,000 in the account during that time. If the account balance falls below $500 or exceeds $25,000, the account will earn the standard APY in effect for the balance tier in which the account’s end-of-day balance falls. (Until December 31, 2019, if the account balance exceeds $25,000 due to crediting of interest only, it will not affect the promotional APY.) After December 31, 2019, the promotional APY will no longer apply and the account will revert to the standard balance tiers and APYs associated with the regular Consumer Statement Savings or Business Savings account.
2. The Consumer Statement Savings is a tiered variable rate account. Balance tiers and APYs as of 4/1/2019 are: $0.01 - $49,999.99 earns 0.10% APY; $50,000 - $99,999.99 earns 0.15% APY; $100,000 or more earns 0.20% APY. Interest rate and APY may change at any time without prior notice.
3. Business Savings is a tiered variable rate account. Balance tiers and APYs as of 4/1/2019 are: $0.01 - $49,999.99 earns 0.15% APY; $50,000 - $99,999.99 earns 0.15% APY, and $100,000 or more earns 0.20% APY. Interest rate and APY may change at any time without prior notice.
4. The interest rate and APY paid depend on the balance tier into which the account’s end-of-day balance falls. The interest rate that corresponds to the balance tier is paid on the full collected balance in the account at the end-of-day. Fees can reduce earnings on the account.
5. You must maintain $500 minimum daily balance in the Consumer Statement Savings or Business Savings account to avoid a monthly maintenance charge.
Cathay Bank reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time.