All nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for a grant through the Cathay Bank Foundation must be invited by a Cathay Bank or Foundation Officer. The Cathay Bank or Foundation Officer will then direct your nonprofit organization to the link to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI).
LOIs should include the following Information:
- Organization Contact Information
- Organization Background Information
- Grant Information
- Other Grant Related Information
Once your LOI has been received, it will be reviewed for grant consideration. If the request is within our grant guidelines and budget, your organization may be invited to complete a full grant application for consideration. Organizations requested to complete the full grant application must provide the following information:
- Letter of tax-exempt status under the 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code (New Organization)
- Signed Cover letter including:
— The mission of the organization
— Total amount requested and purpose of the funds
— Expected outcome or impact from grant
— Description of the organization with a brief history, specific programs offered and program objectives, significant highlights of the organization, number of people and geographic areas served
— Description of the results / impact of the prior grants received from the Foundation
— A statement specifying what percentage of people served by your organization are low- or moderate-income.
- Operating budget for the past two years
- Proposed itemized project costs related to the program
- Audited financial statements or 990 for the last two years.
- List of major corporate and foundation contributors
- List of officers and Board of Directors
- Most current impact report (if available)
We do not accept unsolicited grant proposals from any organization. All unsolicited grant proposals and/or sponsorship requests will be declined.
If you have a question for the Cathay Bank Foundation, please send to: [email protected]